Tuesday 21 August 2012

I am constantly drawn to  fragility, light and transparency and try hard to incorporate these qualities within my practice.   I am in awe of the  beautiful translucency of the turquoise sea down in Cornwall as it rises and crashes towards the beach.  I love watching the contrast of the dark seaweed spinning in the pale blue/green waves, against a backdrop of shimmering sunlight. 

I recently acquired a clear quartz stone with inclusions that reflected the qualities I love in the Cornish sea and a sharp reminder to me of how to work.



As this was formulating in my mind I found the most amazing leaf from a delphinium that had gone transparent, so I have been playing around with this image and intend incorporating it within a print.



























1 comment:

Aine Scannell said...

Sue - its such fun reading this I am getting involved and wondering how it all went in the end. I am reading it backwards I always feel thats best ..........I was just thinking I have a microscopic digital 'gadget' and if you bring that quartz stone with you when you visit, we could attempt to use it on that to see what we can get from it image-wise, into the computer - if you bring a memory stick we could put the images on there for you to take away !!

I just love that second image in this post absolutley gorgeous !!!