Thursday 8 August 2013


Unravelling Signatures Exhbition

An altered book...my first one


I have just finished making this book for an exhibition to be shown at the IMPACT 8 printmaking conference in Dundee later this month.  I will be helping host some sort of open portfolio with all our books at some point during this 4/5 day event.

The idea was to use Blurb, the online publishing company and make a book within their constraints and alter it.  This was quite challenging.  The paper was truly awful, even though I upgraded from the basic one. Numbered pages appeared on some of the pages in a different font to the one I was using for the text to name a couple of the problems I was faced with.

However I am actually really pleased with the result.  It is incredibly fragile and will probably be in tatters by the end of IMPACT, but I will have a couple more up my sleeve.

'Shadow Boundaries'
 8.7cm x 8.7cm x 1.4cm
A folded and constructed book with three inserts