Wednesday 29 October 2014

Sketchbook workings

Having spent last week taking photographs in this amazing part of the UK battling with wind and rain, (images to follow soon), I am now back working on my prints.  I am currently working on Noir Blanc Vivant, Black White Veer, and three Chinese equivalent symbols.....a print book project with Madeleine Samson in Quebec and Wah Wing Chan in Montreal.  We will be incorporating  each of our languages within this work. 

Some sketches below using cyanotype imagery as reference in the first instance posted here earlier, ink drawings, carbon print drawing and a bit of photoshop to get some ideas flowing


So this is a shadow ink drawing of the monster seaweed collected on Cromarty beach


A carbon drawing taken from the cyanotype of the bleached beach plant


Working sketch of possible print, the red is a bit too heavy I think.  I am considering making a woodcut and embossing the first print and then placing the beach plant in different places.......possibly with monoprint...just mulling over the possibilities






A sequence of three....still very much in the embryo stage, I want to get an interesting shape within the black areas, this is looking too much like a pointed finger!


Carbon drawing......of beach plant.  I am going to make some more cyanotypes of the beach plants next time the sun shines.

No comments: