Monday 3 November 2014

Cyanotyping and big lightbulb moments

I spent yesterday down on the beach making cyanotypes.  Wonderful.  Alongside a black spaniel trying to help me process one in the sea and a chat with a man who lives in little whitewashed house right by the edge of the estuary who pointed out the house Ian Rankin owns.  No I am not envious!


While I have been here on residency in Cromarty I have been doing a lot of thinking.  Trying to get down to the nitty gritty of my working process and struggling with stuff and not enjoying making.  So after a wonderful day outside creating some prints that I am really happy with (not so much technically speaking but visually speaking) and chatting with my fellow house sharer Sarah about my work I had a big lightbulb moment.  And I am EXCITED.

These first three were ones developed in the sea and you can see a slight salty residue on the surface.....I have to say this second batch of solar paper is not as good as the first batch...if anyone is interested I will let you know which type I think performs better.  Ordering the solution today to paint larger pieces of proper print paper.

so here are the prints:


No comments: