Tuesday 6 January 2015

Heading towards a first good final print

Just hoping I have not jumped the gun here by the statement in my title.  So using a full size sheet of Fabriano 50/50 gorgeous paper, it's lovely white printmaking paper, I have created two embossments of what I first thought was not a very successful woodblock print but it seems to have worked in this instance.  Using a scrubbing brush.  Sore wrist.
One inverse, one converse, trying to make up my mind which I prefer......Anyhow so these are now done and then....



I have made this second cut out as a template to do a monoprint on top of the above embossment and then....on top of that if it looks ok I am going to place a seaweed drawing. I am thinking a very pale whitish or transparent turquoisey blue.
So it will be a woodcut of seaweed, a shadow drawing of seaweed and a seaweed drawing itself!

No comments: